Can I apply for a waiver?
YES, if you have:
- A felony conviction, within the past 10 years, other than ineligible disqualifiers (listed to the right)
- Been released from prison or on probation within 5 years after a felony conviction
- Been identified in the Violent Person File
- Lack of disposition for disqualifying events not listed under the ineligible criteria within the past 10 years
Note: Waivers must be resubmitted annually and if additional vetting is required.
No, if you are:
- A wanted persons - open criminal warrants (felony and misdemeanor)
- Identified in the Foreign Fugitive File
- Identified in the Immigration Violator File (Unless it is positively confirmed that the individual has the legal right to be in the United States)
- Registered in the National or State Sex Offender Registry
- Known or Appropriately Suspected Terrorist (KST) File
- Convicted of a felony listed below:
- Human Trafficking
- Child Molestation