Yes, the waiver process will remain the same. If a participant fails their background and/or government database checks, they must submit a waiver release form within 60 days of the fail date to SureID. Once the waiver is received, the facility must approve the participant. If the participant is approved, a credential will be printed and shipped. If a participant already has their RAPIDGate Premier credential and fails a background and/or government database check, their credential will be disabled.
Certain disqualifying events will not be eligible for a waiver by the Coast Guard, Marine Corps and Navy:
- Felony convictions, and lack of Government crime classification (e.g., felony v. misdemeanor) or disposition (e.g., conviction v. dismissal) for:
- Rape, Child Molestation, Human Trafficking, Espionage, Sabotage, Treason, and Terrorism. As far back as records are available.
- Wanted persons – Open wants and warrants. As far back as records are available.
- Individuals found to be listed on searched watch lists (OFAC, ICE, Interpol, etc.). As far back as records are available.
- Immigration Violation – As far back as records are available.
- Registered Sex Offenders – As far back as records are available.