What documents do my participants need to enroll/be issued a RAPIDGate credential?

Your participants will be required to bring two forms of identification from the List of Acceptable Documents for issuance (at least one bearing a photograph)

Print out a list of Acceptable Identification Documents

Some states and territories may provide an official identification document to an individual regardless of that individual’s immigration status. As mandated by some of our government customers, identification documents issued regardless of a person’s immigration status may not be used to prove a person’s identity for RAPIDGate program purposes.

* For more information on the Real ID Act and a list of states and their jurisdiction status: http://www.dhs.gov/real-id-enforcement-brief

Information is subject to change at any time; please refer to rapidgate.com for latest information

The following facilities have unique requirements:

·         Pacific Missile Range Facility

·         Sub Base New London

·         SUBASE Kings Bay

·         Naval Base Kitsap

·         Naval Base Ventura County

·         Camp Pendleton

·         Joint Base Lewis-McChord

·         Portsmouth Naval Shipyard

·         SubShip Bath

Pacific Missile Range Facility, Sub Base New London, and SUBASE Kings Bay requires the following documents or will be denied their credential at issuance:

·         Valid U.S. Passport

·         Certified (original) birth certificate

·         Certificate of Naturalization

·         Certificate of Citizenship

·         Report of Birth Abroad of a Citizen of the United States

Naval Base Kitsap requires that all registrants must be U.S. Citizen and bring one of the following 6 documents below, as well as one other document listed on the Acceptable Identification Documents List for issuance:

·         U.S. Passport or Passport Card

·         Alien Registration Receipt Card

·         Enhanced Driver’s License

·         Certified Birth Certificate

·         Naturalization Papers

·         Certification of Birth Abroad

Naval Base Ventura County requires that all registrants must be either a U.S. Citizen or registered permanent resident with a resident card (Form 151) to participate in the RAPIDGate program

Camp Pendleton will no longer accept EAD’s ( Employee Authorization Documents) as an acceptable form of Identification for Credential Issuance due to it being a legal requirement that the Participant have a legal presence in the United States to gain access to the installation.

Joint Base Lewis McChord requires Driver's License and/or Identification Cards (ID) with the advisory "Federal limits apply" will not be accepted as Proof of Identity, during identity proofing.


On 1 May 2016 JBLM began fully enforcing the provisions of the Real ID Act of 2005. Under provisions of this act, a standard driver's license or ID card issued by any state which is non-compliant under the Real ID Act of 2005 will not be accepted for RAPIDGate credential pick-up at JBLM. Starting January 30, 2017, Federal agencies and nuclear power plants may not accept for official purposes driver's licenses and state IDs from the following non-compliant states, which did not receive an extension for 2016 or 2017: Kentucky, Maine, Montana, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania and South Carolina, Minnesota, Missouri and Washington. The most up to date source of information about Real ID compliance and which states' are valid can be found here.

Participants who present a standard license or ID from one of those states will be required to present additional documentation to verify their identity prior to being issued their RAPIDGate credential at JBLM. For a list of acceptable documents to present along with a standard DL or ID credential issued by a non-compliant state, please click on the following link. List of Acceptable Documents Under Real ID (29 Feb 16) (8).docx

Additionally, if the EE provides their previous RAPIDGate credential and can recall what documentation was used previously to be issued, the JBLM POC can look up that document in their system and use it for the new credential’s identity verification (if applicable). Example: A passport was used to issue the previous RAPIDGate credential, but the EE does not currently have that document. The POC can look up the document information in their issuance log to confirm and use that information to issue the new credential

Federal officials may continue to accept Enhanced Driver's Licenses from these states.

Portsmouth Naval Shipyard and SubShip Bath are located in the state of Maine. As of January 30, 2017, the State of Maine is not compliant with the REAL ID Act of 2005. Portsmouth Naval Shipyard can no longer accept the Maine State Driver's License for base access.

Federal agencies and nuclear power plants may not accept driver's licenses and state IDs from a noncompliant state/territory for official purposes.

Outside of a valid passport, two forms of identifications that corroborate one’s identity are required. Listed below:

List of Identity Proofing Documents that Establish Identity for Portsmouth Naval Shipyard & SubShip Bath

1. U.S. Passport or Passport Card

2. Permanent Resident Card or Alien Registration Receipt Card (Form I-551)

3. Foreign passport that contains a temporary I-551 stamp or temporary I-551 printed notation on a machine-readable immigrant visa (MRIV)

4. Employment Authorization Document (Card) that contains a photograph (Form I-766)

5. In the case of a nonimmigrant alien authorized to work for a specific employer incident to status:

(a) Foreign passport; and

(b) Form I-94 or Form I-94A has the following:

(1) Bearing the same name as the passport; and

(2) An endorsement of the alien’s nonimmigrant status, as long as the period of endorsement has not yet expired and the proposed employment is not in conflict with any restrictions or limitations identified on the form.

6. Driver’s license or ID card issued by a RealID Act compliant state or outlaying possession of the U.S., provided it contains a photograph and biographic information such as name, date of birth, gender, height, eye color, and address. Licenses or IDs possessing “NOT APPLICABLE FOR FEDERAL PURPOSES” will not be accepted.

7. State-issued Enhanced Driver’s licenses

8. Driver’s license issued by the U.S. Department of State

9. Border Crossing Card (From DSP-150)

10. Identification card issued by Federal, State, or local government agencies, provided it contains a photograph and biographic information such as name, date of birth, gender, height, eye color, and address.

11. Veteran Health Identification Card (VHIC) issued by the Department of Veterans Affairs

12. Department of Homeland Security “Trusted Traveler” Cards (Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, FAST)

13. U.S. Certificate of Naturalization or Certificate of Citizenship (Form N-550)

14. School identification card with a photograph